Kandy Lake, also known as the Sea of Milk (Kiri Muhuda), is a man-made lake in the heart of Kandy. It’s known to have built in 1807 by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe next to the Temple of the Tooth. Over the years, it has become diminished in size. One of the many legends has it that the small island at its nexus was used by the king’s harem for bathing and was connected to the palace by a secret tunnel. Today, it’s one of the most popular attractions among the local and foreign tourists alike most of whom are thrilled to feed the shoals of wild fish who roam the waters freely.